Thursday 16 January 2020

This is the story of an
actor who endured rejection.

Everyone said.
Who would want to work with him?

But he became the
megastar of the century..

..whom we know as Amitabh Bachchan.

I dare any of you
to come out and face me.

You scums.
Rascals. I dare you to hit me now.

Come on.

I'll be darned if I
don't get you skinned alive.

Amitabh Bachchan was born
on 11 October 1942 in Allahabad.

His father was the great
poet Harivanshrai Bachchan..

..and mother was Teji Bachchan.

What are you saying, dad?
What am I going to do there?

What do I know about business?

On birth he was named Inquilaab.

It is believed that this was the time
when the quit India movement was on.

And everyone had revolution in mind.

That's why he was named Inquilaab.

Dad, I thought that it is
very difficult to think about it.

I mean I couldn't think
when I tried thinking.

And later it was Amit Abha.

It meant a light which
can never be put out. Amitabh.

Who is he? 
- Who?

The guy with the bandage.

He's Chandar. A new apprentice.

But he is a good worker.
He'll learn the work.

Not just work.
Teach him to salute as well.

Everyone knows that Amitabh started
his acting career with Saath Hindustani.

It is to be noted that the upcoming
artist Tinu Anand of that time..

..had sent Amitabh's
photo to K.A. Abbas.

Because Tinu Anand didn't
want to do that role in that movie.

He had got the opportunity to
be Satyajit Ray's assistant director.

Hence Amitabh's name came to the fore.

"Lamps light. Flowers blossom."

"But it is rare to
find friends in the world."

"Lamps light."

But before we talk
about his acting career..

..it should be noted..

..that his voice was rejected by 
All India Radio not once but twice.

But surprisingly he earned
money first as a voice over artist.

Yes.

He did the narration
for the movie Bhuvan Shom..

..for which he received 300 rupees.

I'm doing well. Let us learn a bit more.

We'll start our office.

Amitabh was so broke that when he came 
to Mumbai quitting his job in Kolkata..

..he had to spend some nights
on the footpaths of Marine Drive.

There was a time when
he tried acting as an extra.

And he was supposed to get some money.

But before he could work as an extra..

..legendary actor Shashi Kapoor 
spotted him.

He scolded him and said.

You are meant for greater roles.

You'll not be able to make
a career by doing small time roles.

His is my wish. This is my prayer.

And got Amitabh out of that movie.

Shashi Kapoor was right.

All of us know what happened next.

Correct. Answer.

When people talk about Amitabh..

..people talk about his godfather
Hrishikesh Mukherjee first..

..who signed him for
the movies Anand and Guddi.

He was thrown out of Guddi because
he was acting so well in Anand..

..that Hrishikesh Mukherjee thought why
should be given a small role in Guddi.

That is how he was
replaced by another actor.

Shut up.

The hands that can
feed me are yet to be born.

Everyone knows that great actors
had rejected the story of Zanjeer.

And someone this movie
landed in Amitabh's lap.

And from this film the image
of an angry young man came to the fore.

Anil Raj.

I've come to arrest you, Anil Raj.

Don't try to escape.

Or I'll blow your top off.

But if we rewind a
little we get to know..

..that Amitabh's image of a angry
young man came to the fore first ..

..in Hrishikesh Mukherjee's
movie Namak Haram.

This is my personal matter.

What happened was between him and me.
And some third person tries...

But let me make one thing clear.

If anyone hits Somu hereafter then I'll...

70's was a decade of change.

On one hand romantic movies
were weaving their magic.

And on the other hand angst
among the people was rising.

It came on the silver screen
through Amitabh's acting.

And he became angry young man.
The superstar.

Shut up.

I don't want to hear my
name from your filthy mouth.

Amitabh Bachchan made a great
pairing with great directors.

Be it Yash Chopra or Prakash Mehra.

Be it Ramesh Sippy or the giant
of entertaining movies Manmohan Desai.

On one hand Amitabh's
career was flourishing.

No other star came even close to him.

An accident happened
which could've killed him.

What do you mean?

He got injured in the movie
Coolie and it seemed like..

..this superstar
would leave us for good.

But doctors kept their fight
going in Mumbai's Breach Candy Hospital.

On the other hand his
fans kept praying for him.

Doctor's efforts and prayers worked.

And Amitabh Bachchan was out of danger.

Then came a time in his life
when he tried his hand at politics.

He was elected as a member of parliament
from his birth place Allahabad.

But soon enough he was in lot
of controversy and he quit politics.

This day. This date.

This time. You're the witness to it.

If we turn our attention
towards Amitabh's personal life..

..we come to know that
he got married to Jaya Bhaduri.

The story of Amitabh's
marriage was just as weird.

Everyone knew that Amitabh and
Jaya Bhaduri liked each other a lot.

And they get along really well.

Really? So you kept waiting
for me all this while.

Amit and Jaya had planned
that if Zanjeer is a hit..

..they'll go abroad for a vacation.

But Amitabh's parents..

..Harivansharai Bachchan 
and Teji Bahchan made it clear..

..that it they wanted to go
abroad then they'll have to marry first.

And only then can they go.

And this is how Amitabh
and Jaya got married in a hurry.

They had two children
from this marriage.

Daughter Shweta Bachchan
and son Abhishek Bachchan.

There was a time in his life..

..where his films were
not fairing as well as expected.

What? When did this happen?

And then he decided that
after the movie Khuda Gawah..

..he would take a sabbatical.

He also floated a company called ABCL.

Who is my other partner?

Your second partner is your father.

I see.

He suffered quite a
bit of losses in business.

And then he realized
that he is meant for acting.

And he went back to acting.

And today the entire tree
of crimes is right here before me.

And today I'm going to root it out.

That is when he saw a ray of hope.

And that ray of hope
was Kaun Banega Crorepati.

Yes. He was seen on the
small screen for the first time.

And Kaun Banega Crorepati
turned out to be a big hit.

Amitabh worked with
the greatest of heroes.

And with the changing times he said
just one thing to all the superstars.

Old man my foot.

We share the relationship
of a culprit and witness.

It can never be severed.

And the lawyer who doesn't know this 
how will he fight the case.

Well done. You are one great poet.

Really. Thank you.
- Thank you.

Amitabh Bachchan did all
that people thought was impossible.

You haven't built this mill
with your sweat and blood. Got it?

It has been built
with my wit and brains.

Amitabh's name will always
be taken with a great deal of pride..

..in the history of Indian cinema.

For me today is very auspicious..

..because I could fulfill the
responsibility and trust you put in me.

For me my life is now complete.
My life has got a meaning.

Happy Guru ji

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

0 coment�rios: